Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Side Plank


First, the model in this photo is Kimberly my eldest daugther.  Over a year ago I had a class project to do for my Intro To Fitness class and she was my model.  (BTW I did receive an A on the project)  Kim is in a side plank position on her elbow.  This position can also be done all the way raised on up on your hand.  This is great for core stabilization.  Works the abs and back and pretty much all muscles in order to stay in that static position.  For an added bonus you can rotate your torso and bring that hand raised in the air into the space between the floor and you, then go back to starting postion.  Make sure you do both sides.  It is a good strong move with requires great stabilization.  Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment