Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 15, 2011

Staying Active While Vacationing

So here are some tips for you to stay active and healthy while vacationing.  Most people think that they will gain 5-10 lbs. while being away from home.  Well it does not have to happen and here is how.  I know when I am traveling I can enjoy myself but also stay fit, active and healthy at the same time.

It is okay to cheat and indulge in some yummy caloric foods just don't go overboard or you may regret it.  Remember moderation folks.  This is what I do while vacationing:

1.  eat local fruits and veggies, when eating out ask for grilled meats or fish (not fried)

2.  keep hydrated by drinking the right amount of water for my body everyday.  At least 6 to 8  eight ounce glasses of water or more (especially if I am consuming alcoholic beverages)

3.  keep active doing physical activities that go along with the vacation scene.  So for instance while vacationing at the beach I run on the sand, swim in the water, boogie board with the waves, cycle, walk to and from town, and I can't forget about some fun nights out dancing.  I also bring with me a set of dumbbells and jump rope (these are easy to pack accessories for resistance and weight bearing exercises but that is only if traveling by car not airplane).

4.  don't skimp on sleep either. I tend to stay up later on vacation but I make up for it by sleeping a bit later in the morning.  Sleep is very important for cell renewal and re-energizing the body for a new day. My body needs 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 hours of sleep each night to keep up with optimal health.

So what I am trying to say here is that you can have fun, eat right and stay fit while vacationing.  But, don't beat yourself up if you overindulge and don't stay active you can always get back to your healthy routine when you arrive back at home to your usual schedule.

Enjoy your time away from home wherever you vacation and remember this is the time to relax, unwind, and de-stress!!!!! Everyone needs to get away from it all, it is so good for the spirit!!!

That is it for now I need to get back to my relaxing vacation on the beach....I already did a 1 1/2 hour bike ride and booking kayaks for some afternoon fun in the bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment