Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Training

I wanted to let you all know that I have begun training for the "Warrior Dash", that's right I have decided to partake in this 3.11 mile race/obstacle course as a birthday treat to myself in June.  Glutten for punishment, maybe, or just needing a great physical challenge to see what this 48 year old body can do.

If you want to check it out just go to their website:  http://www.warriordash.com/   I am registering for the New England race which will take place June 9th in Thompson, CT. I have a handful of friends/relatives joining me that day. Anyone interested in registering and training let me know.

Funny because I don't particularly enjoy running and most of the training is running.  This will boost my endurance and metabolism.  I started my training this past Sunday morning with a 1 1/2 mile treadmill run and full body strength workout (which included:  squats, lunges, bicep curls, tricep dips, pushups, crunches, planks, shoulder presses, and upright rows), Monday was a 2 mile run followed by some easy squats and jumping jacks.  Tuesday 1/2 mile run and full set of strength work and today a 2 mile run on treadmill (at this point I am running an 11 minute mile which is slow for "real" runners) I followed up today with more lunging using a 30 lb. bar and squats as well.  After every workout I do at least 5 to 10 minutes of a full body stretch...trying to hit all muscles!

I will keep you posted from time to time of my progress in training.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment